Brownies are one dessert that don’t need an introduction! It’s like someone took chocolate cake and made it fudgy, chewy and gooey on the inside. My family LOVES brownies enough to go any lengths to making them. We make many variations of brownies like, Peanut Butter Fudge Brownies, Salted Caramel Brownies, Double Dark Chocolate Brownies, Peppermint Bark Brownies, and many more. This recipe for 4-ingredient Chocolate brownies is the easiest and one of the tastiest ones we make.
Brownies from Scratch with Just 4 Ingredients
This recipe is really simple to make. All you need is all-purpose flour, Nutella (Hazelnut Spread), eggs and chocolate chips. The addition of chocolate chips makes the brownies really yummy and gooey. The chips melt as the brownies cook and then you bite into pockets of melted chocolate, which adds a whole new flavor dimension. If you don’t care for gooey brownies, you can skip the chocolate chips and make this recipe with just 3-ingredients. Sometimes, we like to add a 5th ingredient to this recipe- chopped walnuts, and that takes it to another level of yumminess! The walnuts provide a nice flavor and texture contrast to the brownies. But that’s purely optional.
Guess Who Perfected This Homemade Brownie Recipe?
The credit for this easy brownie recipe goes entirely to my kids! They simply love Nutella! So, they tweaked their favorite Chocolate Brownies recipe and substituted Nutella for the melted chocolate. They tested and re-tested this recipe a few times, trying out different combinations of flour and Nutella, and even adding cocoa powder to see if the results were tastier.
Finally, they came up with this recipe for 4-Ingredient Chocolate Brownies, which has now become a regular for game day parties in our house. My kids make a coffee-mug version of this recipe too- Brownies in a Mug– perfect for single servings.
Instructions for 4-Ingredient Chocolate Brownies
This is how you make these easy chocolate brownies:
★ Did you try this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback!
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk eggs using an electric mixer or a wire whisk. Add Nutella and whisk for 30 seconds.
- Sift in flour and mix everything with a spatula. Add chocolate chips and fold them in.
- If adding chopped walnuts, add them with the chocolate chips.
- Pour batter in a parchment lined pan and bake for about 16-18 minutes.
- Check for doneness by inserting a toothpick. If it comes out clean, you're done! Enjoy the brownies with your favorite accompaniments. Some of our favorites are vanilla ice-cream and caramel sauce.