Game day just doesn’t feel complete without a simmering pot of chili! Try this tasty, quick ‘n’ easy, and healthier recipe for Instant Pot Chicken Chili. Made with ground chicken, taco seasoning and creamy pinto beans, you’ll love this protein and fiber packed warm bowl of goodness, on a cold, winter night too.
It’s a fairly easy recipe to put together in my programmable pressure cooker, Instant Pot. The actual cook time is about 8 minutes. Including the time it takes the pot to pressurize and depressurize, this dish is ready to be served in under 30 minutes, from start to finish.
Use Ground Beef or Turkey for this Chili
I love the traditional chili made with ground beef. That can easily be used in the same recipe and it works great. But, in an effort to make this chili a lower calorie dish, I substituted ground beef with lean ground chicken in this recipe.
Leftovers!! Make Chili Hot Dogs
Whenever I make Instant Pot Chicken Chili, I always make enough so we have leftovers for dressing up some Hot Dogs the next day. THAT is our bonus! I love meals where you cook once and use twice! Here’s what I do:
I heat up chili and boil some ‘franks’ or sausage links. Everyone dresses up their hot-dogs with their choice of condiments. Then, pour a couple of ‘generous’ spoonfuls of chili all over, sprinkle chopped onion and shredded cheese over that and enjoy. Yum!!
Great for Game Day Parties
I always make this Chili for game-day parties ! I make it ahead of time and keep it warm in the Instant Pot. I set it up so that people can serve themselves.
Alongside, I serve boiled or steamed franks (hot dogs) on a platter.
Next to that, I place a basket of warmed hot-dog buns, and condiments like ketchup, mustard and relish, chopped onions and shredded cheese.
This works out great as people can choose if they want to have a bowl of chili or a chili-dog, or both 🙂
Similar Recipes from My Kitchen
|Black Bean Chili||Chicken Tortilla Soup|
Easy Instant Pot Chicken Chili: Recipe Video
★ DID YOU TRY THIS RECIPE? Don’t forget to give a ★ rating. Simply click on the stars in the Recipe Card to rate!
Try this easy and healthy chicken chili recipe. Made in the instant pot with ground chicken, taco seasoning and creamy pinto beans, you'll love this protein and fiber packed warm bowl of goodness on game day or on a cold, winter night.
- 1 tablespoons Light Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup onion chopped (about 1/2 medium onion)
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 lb. ground chicken can use ground turkey or beef too
- 14 oz. Pinto Beans : 1 can rinsed and drained (can use Kidney Beans)
- 14 oz Diced Green Chiles 1 can
- 14 oz Diced Tomatoes or crushed: 1 can
- 1 tablespoon Unsweetened Cocoa Powder optional, but highly recommended
- 1/2 cup water
- 1.5 tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Brown Sugar
- 1.3 oz. Taco Seasoning Mix 1 pack Trader Joe's taco seasoning mix
- Chopped spring onions
- shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- Turn on Instant Pot to SAUTE mode (high/more) and add oil. Add chopped onions and garlic and saute for 30 seconds. Add ground chicken and saute for 2-3 minutes. Use a wooden spoon to break the lumps of ground chicken. Add taco seasoning, rinsed and drained pinto beans, tomatoes and green chiles, cocoa powder and water. Stir well. Cancel SAUTE. Close lid. Vent to sealing position. Set manual or pressure cook for 8 minutes.
- Wait for natural pressure release for 10 minutes (NPR 10), and release the remaining pressure after turning the knob to "venting" position. Open lid after pin has dropped. To thicken chili, mash a few beans with the wooden spoon and turn on Saute for 2-3 minutes. This step is optional and required only if you like a thicker chili. Garnish with your favorite toppings.
Note: The nutrition facts below are my estimates. If you are following any diet plan, I recommend cross-checking with your preferred nutrition calculator.