Hi there, I’m Aneesha, a foodie by birth, and recipe developer, photographer, writer and blogger behind Spice Cravings. I’m happy to see you here!
Cooking has been my passion for as long as I can remember. It helps me relax and unwind at the end of a long working day. I also love to travel around the world with my family and sample local cuisines.
When I’m not blogging, you’ll find me watching romantic comedies, re-runs of ‘Friends’ or ‘The Office’, with a cup of coffee or a glass of wine!
How it all Started?
In 2017, I started Spice Cravings as an online recipe book for my kids, to empower them with one of the essential life skills- Cooking!
When my kids expressed interest in cooking, we looked for simple recipes and went through countless books and blogs. Most resources assumed prior cooking knowledge and the recipes had a fair amount of guess work. That’s pretty confusing for a new cook!
So, I put together my go-to recipes that are quick, easy, healthy and need minimal hands-on time and babysitting. That how Spice Cravings was created!
Here I share global recipes that are low in effort and big on taste! All my food is inspired by my love for spices, my north Indian roots, global travels and life as a working mom!
Easy & Doable for a New Cook
With a few key spices, step-by-step instructions, pictures and videos for reference, and totally legit shortcuts, these recipes produce consistent results, even for a new cook. Most importantly, they can be made in 20-30 MINUTES or less of active cooking time.
Healthy Weeknight Meals
I am big on one-pot-one-pan meals and pressure cooking. I have many Dump & Start recipes, which come together faster than ordering take-out! These recipes are ideal for weeknight dinners, with creative options for leftover lunches.
About Me: My Culinary Journey
I started cooking in my early teens by helping my mother in the kitchen, and inherited my family’s recipes for traditional north Indian Punjabi food.
These recipes use seasonal produce and fresh farm ingredients. From Chicken Tikka Masala to stuffed Parathas (flatbreads) to Saag (seasoned mustard greens), it offers plenty of choices for vegetarians as well as meat lovers.
I learned from my mother that one doesn’t have to spend hours in the kitchen to make these tasty and healthy meals. And boy, did that come in handy! Thanks Mum!
Life, Travels & Motherhood!
My journey in life, global travels and most importantly, motherhood has had a big influence in my kitchen and made me evolve as a cook.
Earlier in my life, I got to travel world-wide for work, which expanded my palette and knowledge about food. On weekends, I would look up recipe books and make my own versions of classic recipes.
I got married and moved to United States, where my husband was studying. While living on campus, we made friends from all over the world. Exchanging family recipes and cooking together on weekends made some beautiful memories and life-long friends!
The birth of my twins was a life-changing event for me and modified the way I cooked. Back then, on any given day I barely had 20- 30 minutes to make meals for the whole day. That led me to turn slow-cooked classics into 30 minute meals. I still remember the first time I made Chicken Biryani in the oven – Touchdown!
Cooking With My Kids
My husband and I got the girls involved in the kitchen from very early on, and they absolutely LOVED IT. They loved baking with Daddy every weekend, everything from pancakes to red velvet cupcakes. (The three of them even made Green Velvet cupcakes one time).
When my girls were 4ish, they would pretend to run a restaurant called BUTTER DISH, and would write ‘Today’s Menu’ on their mini-easel boards, and take orders from us 🙂 Another one of my sweetest memories is when we played Iron-Chef. They would pull together random ingredients from the pantry and fridge (in their toy basket), and my task would be to make a meal using them :).
Spending these precious times with my kids motivated me to develop more quick and healthy meals. I wanted to spend less time in the kitchen and more time soaking up their cuteness!
At Spice Cravings, I hope to share these delicious, tried and tested recipes with you all, because recipes only get better when shared!
Some of my recipes have been featured by these brands:
How to Search for Recipe & Tips
- If you are new to Spice Cravings, I recommend you start with the RECIPE INDEX, where you can browse recipes by category and find one that fits your taste.
- You can also use the SEARCH bar on top and search for recipes by ingredients.
- If you are a new owner of an electric pressure cooker, like the Instant Pot, check out the variety of tips and information sources here:
Keeping In Touch
Here are a few ways how you can stay tuned with the latest in my kitchen:
- If you have any questions or feedback about a recipe, send me a COMMENT and I’ll get back to you within a day.
- Subscribe by Email and get new recipes delivered right to your inbox. Don’t worry, I won’t spam you, I hate it as much as you do 🙂
- Follow Spice Cravings on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST and YOUTUBE, where I publish my latest recipes and tips.
Work With Me
If you are interested in working with me, please take a look at the Spice Cravings MEDIA KIT. Here are the services I offer:
- Product Placement
- Sponsored Recipe Posts
- Brand Ambassadorship
- Recipe Development
If you’d like a latest downloadable copy of my MEDIA KIT or discuss partnership opportunities, please don’t hesitate to contact me at aneesha(at)spicecravings.com, or leave a message here. I look forward to hearing from you!
My Latest Recipes
- Air Fryer Recipes/ Appetizers/ Fall Winter Recipes/ Instant Pot RecipesSeptember 22, 2019
- 3 QT MINI Instant Pot/ Easy Weeknight Dinners/ Fall Winter Recipes/ Gluten Free/ Instant Pot Indian Recipes/ Instant Pot Recipes/ Under 30 minutes/ VegetarianSeptember 16, 2019
- 3 QT MINI Instant Pot/ Dump and Start One Pot Meals/ Easy Weeknight Dinners/ Fall Winter Recipes/ Instant Pot Recipes/ Under 30 minutes/ VegetarianSeptember 10, 2019
- Air Fryer Recipes/ Appetizers/ Condiments & Sides/ Fall Winter Recipes/ Game Day Recipes/ Gluten Free/ Under 30 minutes/ Vegan Recipes/ VegetarianSeptember 6, 2019