This fresh and flavorful Berry Arugula Salad with Strawberry Vinaigrette is a must-have for spring & summer. Sweet and ripe raspberries, blueberries and blackberries tossed with crisp cucumber, crunchy walnuts and salty feta cheese, and dressed with the best vinaigrette you’ll ever make– Fresh Strawberry Vinaigrette! This is one of my all-star ’15-minute meals’ — 10 minutes to make it, and 5 minutes to admire how gorgeous it is. Even my hubby, who doesn’t care much for berries, goes for seconds for this.
So Easy, This Salad Practically Makes Itself!
Even though I call this a 15-Minute Meal, the truth is, this salad takes half the time and effort to put together. The only thing you need to chop is cucumbers. Wash everything else- the berries, arugula and add it to a large salad bowl. Add walnuts and feta cheese to the bowl. To make Strawberry Vinaigrette, in a small blender combine fresh washed strawberries (green tops removed), red wine vinegar, salt, pepper and a touch of honey or agave syrup. Blend for 15-20 seconds, till it becomes smooth. Toss the salad in this gorgeous dressing and dig in! That simple!
Serving Suggestion for Berry Arugula Salad
I enjoy this salad as-is. It makes for a great vegetarian light and refreshing lunch on a hot summer day. Berry Arugula Salad makes for a great side-dish too. Here are few proteins we love pairing this delicious salad with:
Perfect for a Summer Picnic or BBQ Party
Whenever I take this salad for a summer picnic or a BBQ party, it’s a huge hit. I assemble the salad in a large bowl, blend the dressing and pour it in a mason jar. I drizzle the dressing just before serving time. This way everything stays crisp and fresh.
Rate this Recipe
If you tried this recipe, please give a star ★ rating.
Berry Arugula Salad
- 2 cups Arugula
- 1/3 cup raspberries
- 1/3 cup blueberries
- 1/3 cup blackberries
- 3 tablespoons feta cheese crumbled
- 2 tablespoons walnuts
- 1 cup cucumber chopped (Persian or English cucumber)
- Assemble the Salad: Wash and dry Arugula and berries. In a large salad bowl, add arugula, berries, chopped cucumber, crumbled feta cheese and walnuts.
- Make Dressing: In a small blender, add strawberries, extra virgin olive oil, vinegar, agave, salt and pepper and blend for 15-20 seconds, till it becomes smooth.
- Dress the Salad: Just before serving, drizzle the strawberry vinaigrette over the salad and toss gently, till everything gets coated with the dressing. Serve cold.