This easy and quick recipe for Mediterranean Rub Chicken results in delicious and juicy chicken every single time. Whether you make it in your Instant Pot (pressure cooker), oven or stove-top, this versatile recipe comes in quite handy.
This recipe is part of my meal prep repertoire. I usually make this Mediterranean Rub Chicken on Sundays and use it throughout the week for salads, wraps and sandwiches for the kids. It works great as a pizza topping too. It makes for a real satisfying meal when I pair it with Saffron rice or Quinoa Tabbouleh Salad.
Although, the video demonstrates how to make this chicken in an instant pot, I also have oven and stovetop cooking instructions in the recipe card below.
Preparing a Complete Mediterranean Meal
Quinoa Tabbouleh salad
Spanakorizo or Spinach Rice
Rate this Recipe
If you tried this recipe, please give a star ★ rating.
10-Minute Mediterranean-Rub Chicken
- 1.5 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup water
- Score the chicken using a knife so that the spice rub gets absorbed. In a ziplock bag (for easy clean-up) or a bowl, add all ingredients listed under "Spice Rub". Mix well. Add chicken breast pieces. Seal the ziplock bag. Mix well to get chicken coated with the rub. Refrigerate for 30 minutes (optional).
- Turn ON the Instant Pot. Pour 1 cup water in the inner pot. Place the trivet in. Place the chicken breast on top. Close the lid. Set pressure vent to SEALING. Cook on MANUAL (high-pressure) for 6 minutes. Release the pressure naturally (NPR).
- Remove chicken breast, cool for 5 minutes and slice. Enjoy with lemon rice, or in a sandwich or with a greek salad!
- Place the chicken breast on a lined baking sheet. Turn on the oven to BROIL mode. Broil chicken 5 minutes on each side- total of 10 minutes. Cooking time may differ based on the thickness of the chicken breast, so adjust cooking time accordingly. Rest 5 minutes before slicing.
Stove top recipe
- Heat a skillet on medium-high for 30 seconds-1 minute. Place the chicken breast and cook for 5 minutes on the first side. Flip and cover the pan with a lid. Cook for another 5 minutes. Cooking time may differ based on the thickness of the chicken breast, so adjust cooking time accordingly. Rest 5 minutes before slicing.