Tzatziki Sauce is a creamy and delicious Mediterranean sauce or a dip that is seasoned with salt, lime juice, garlic and in some cases, paprika! It’s a great party dip, which can be made very easily and ahead of time.
This easy Tzatziki Sauce is a great party dip, you can pair it with assorted vegetables like cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, peppers, carrots, snow peas etc. You can also server with pita slices or as a gyro sauce.
Making Tzatziki with Greek Yogurt
Tzatziki is typically made with Greek yogurt, which is a thicker yogurt as compared to the regular one. But feel free to use any yogurt that you like. If your yogurt isn’t thick to begin with, be sure to squeeze out the extra juice from the grated cucumber.
I make this dip a lot with my homemade yogurt that I make in my pressure cooker, Instant Pot. The consistency of my homemade yogurt is in between of a greek yogurt and regular one. So, I reduce the liquid from the cucumbers, by squeezing out some of the juices from the grated cucumbers using two paper towels.
This is how simple it is to put it together:
Garlic and spices
Mix together and Done!
Mediterranean / Greek Feast:
I always make this easy Tzatziki sauce whenever I make Chicken Shawarma or Grilled Lamb Chops. I make a Greek salad and hummus, get some store-bought Pita bread and we enjoy our Greek Feast! My kids love dipping their Shawarma gyro wrap in the Tzatziki!
★ Did you try this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback!
Easy Tzatziki Sauce- A Great Party Dip
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt : whole milk is best
- 1 cup Persian or English cucumber seeded, finely grated
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil optional, but highly recommended
- ½ clove garlic grated finely (optional)
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together all ingredients and adjust seasoning to your taste. That's it! Serve it as a dip with vegetables and pita bread, or as a sipping sauce for Shawarma wrap!