Here's a collection of some of the best Instant Pot chicken recipes that are quick, easy and simply delicious. From restaurant classics to everyday dinner, this list includes a variety of chicken breast recipes and chicken thigh recipes from various cuisines! Learn how to cook the juiciest chicken in your Instant Pot using tried and tested tips!
Tips for Chicken in Instant Pot
- Chicken breast: For cooking chicken breast, the cook time is based on the thickness of the breast as opposed to the total weight. For perfectly cooked chicken breast that is about 1-inch thick, cook for 9-10 minutes at high pressure for firm texture, or 11-12 minutes for shreddable texture, followed by a 10-minute natural pressure release. For breast thicker than 1-inch, add another 2 minutes to the cook time.
- Bone-in chicken: For bone-in chicken breast, cook them for 10-12 minutes, followed by natural pressure release. I cook bone-in chicken thighs and drumsticks for 12 minutes, followed by natural pressure release.
- Checking for doneness: The most reliable way to ensure that the chicken is cooked through is to insert a meat thermometer at the thickest part. If it reads 165 degrees F or higher, chicken is done.
- Frozen chicken: You can use frozen chicken in Instant pot recipes without thawing it. Simply follow the recipe instructions and cook times.
- Curry and Stews: After pressure cooking, most curries and stews often have more liquid than desired. You can simmer it on saute mode and reduce it to your preferred consistency.
You might also like: Check out more Instant Pot Resources and Recipes
Let's get started and take a look at the BEST Instant Pot Chicken Recipes:
Instant Pot Chicken Breast Recipes
Learn how to cook the most juicy, tender and flavorful chicken breast in the Instant Pot. Enjoy this variety of soups and curry recipes:
Instant Pot White Chicken Chili
Chicken Enchiladas Verde (Green Enchiladas)
Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup
Chicken Enchilada Soup
Instant Pot Chicken Tikka Masala
Chicken Tinga Tacos in Instant Pot
Chicken Saag (Chicken Spinach Curry) | Palak Chicken
Mango Chicken Curry
Tom Yum Soup Recipe
One-Pot Coconut Lime Chicken and Rice (Pot-in-Pot, Instant Pot)
Gluten-Free Chicken Corn Chowder in Instant Pot
Instant Pot Salsa Chicken (3-Ingredients!)
Thai Massaman Curry
Chicken Sweet Corn Soup - Instant Pot | Stove
Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup (Gluten Free)
Instant Pot Korean Spicy Chicken Bulgogi Recipe
Butter Chicken: Authentic & Easy Murgh Makhani in the Instant Pot
Chicken Noodle Soup with Ethiopian Spices (Instant Pot / Pressure Cooker)
Pulled Chicken Fajita Tacos in Instant Pot
Chicken & Vegetable Skewers with Lemon Rice
Instant Pot Chicken Thigh Recipes
Instant Pot Chicken Biryani
Kadai Chicken (Chicken Karahi)
Chicken Panang Curry
Kung Pao Spaghetti in Instant Pot
Chicken Shawarma Recipe
Chicken Korma- Instant Pot | Stove
Chicken Fajita Pasta in Instant Pot
Instant Pot Chicken Lo Mein
Chicken Curry Recipe in Instant Pot
Thai Curry Soup
Easy Butter Chicken and Saffron Rice
Ground Chicken Recipes
Thai Basil Chicken
Keema Matar in Instant Pot | Stove (Ground Meat Curry)
Instant Pot Goulash
Easy Instant Pot Chicken Chili
Whole Chicken & Wings
Instant Pot Tandoori Whole Chicken
Buffalo Chicken Wings- Instant Pot / Oven
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can use frozen chicken in instant pot recipes. You do not need to thaw it before cooking since the Instant pot adjusts the cook time automatically.
You do not need to make any adjustments, the instant pot adjusts the cook time automatically. You can simply set the cook time mentioned in the recipe, just know that the Instant pot will take longer to come to pressure, thereby increasing the total cooking time.
If your chicken ends up with a rubbery texture, it is slightly undercooked and needs to be cooked a few minutes longer.
No. For most recipes you can set the same cook time even if you double the recipe.
Yes, You can add raw (fresh or frozen) boneless or bone-in chicken breast, thighs, or ground chicken in the instant pot and cook it per recipe instructions.
For perfectly cooked chicken breast that is about 1-inch thick, cook for 9-10 minutes at high pressure for firm texture, or 11-12 minutes for shreddable texture, followed by a 10-minute natural pressure release. For breast thicker than 1-inch, add another 2 minutes to the cook time.
If you have a chicken recipe in mind that you would like to see on the blog, simply comment below and let me know. And if you try any of these recipes, do share and tag your photos on Instagram or Facebook by including #spicecravings in your message.